Dear JBCA members and friends of Jackson --
Jackson Business & Community Association will disband at the end of June, 2016. This has been under consideration for some time and was approved by a vote of the membership at the JBCA annual meeting in January.
The reason for ending the Association is lack of participation in administering the group. The current handful of board members and officers have been serving since JBCA’s founding six years ago, with little turnover. The mission of JBCA in promoting the community as a great place to live, work and visit requires input and engagement from a wider group of participants to be successful.
That said, we believe JBCA provided valued services, including:
- Organizing and supporting Jackson events including:
- Christmas Delights and Plaid
- Motherlode Cruise Car Show
- Kit Carson Mountain Men Wagon Train
- Musical Organ Rally, Veterans Day Parade, Scarecrows & Flags on Main Street, and more
- Advertising Jackson events, locally and regionally
- Promoting Jackson as a great place to visit and recreate, through:
- Local and regional advertising through partnership with Amador Council of Tourism
- VisitJacksonCA.com website, Visit Jackson brochures, rack cards and Walking Tour brochures
The Amador Chamber of Commerce has agreed to form a Jackson Promotion Committee to carry on some of these activities. The Chamber already has a Visitors’ Center on Main Street and boasts dozens of Jackson businesses on its membership rolls.
Amador Council of Tourism has agreed to manage Jackson advertising and promotion, with direction from the Chamber of Commerce committee. All three organizations view this change as an opportunity for revitalization and reduction of duplicated overhead.
If you would like to see any of the above activities continue, please consider serving on the Jackson Promotions Committee. The committee will decide the future direction for Jackson promotions, which past activities to continue, and any new activities to pursue. You do not have to be a current Chamber member to serve.
Time is of the essence. The City of Jackson has provided funding for events and promotion through Transient Occupancy Taxes collected at Jackson hotels. Funding application for 2016 – 2017 activities is due mid-May, 2016.
Contact Lucy Hackett (209-304-5780) or Thomi Manzano (209-223-3050) if you would like more information about the Chamber of Commerce Jackson Promotion Committee. We look forward to hearing from you.
P.S… Paid 2016 JBCA members will receive complimentary Chamber of Commerce memberships good through .