Thursday, April 10, 2014
Tuesday, April 8, 2014
Hello, ACT supporters-
I hope this note finds you well and enjoying a busy spring. I am hearing that you are noticing an uptick in sales, bookings and meals sold. I believe the branded marketing campaign we launched in October is beginning to bring results. Also the partnership with Gold Country Visitors Association is yielding more attention from the media and Amador will feel those additional benefits in the coming months. From our side of things, we are mailing out a great number of our Travel Planners and the website analytics from touramador are phenomenal.
Attached (below) is an agenda for our board meeting next Thursday, April 10th, , at Jackson Rancheria Casino Resort in the hotel, and minutes from February’s board meeting.
Please arrive a few minutes before the start of the meeting for coffee, tea and breakfast snacks, generously provided by JRCR. In consideration of everyone’s time, we start promptly at . If you have not been to one of our meetings, please feel free to attend. We move through the agenda in about an hour, and go around the table to share news for the last 30 minutes. I promise you that the meeting is a good investment of your time.
1. Amador County Chamber of Commerce is hosting a business showcase and trade show on Thursday, April 24th. All businesses are invited to participate. Contact the Chamber for more details at 223-0350, if you are interested in taking a booth.
2. Thank you to those who participated in the co-op advertising opportunity with Reno Gazette Journal. We filled two facing pages with ads, in addition to the full page already purchased by Amador Council of Tourism.
3. If you don’t know which co-op idea works for your business and want to get involved as an advertising partner, contact the office and we will provide you the details of how to get involved.
4. Journalists are coming through here all the time. Thank you to those of you that have pointed them to this office. If someone from the media contacts you, please forward them to me. I have itineraries, lodging options, private tours and more that we can offer the media. Trust that I can make this work for all of us and we will all benefit. Amador Council of Tourism handles the marketing and media for
in a focused and consistent manner. Amador County
5. Thank you. Thank you for your support, your wonderful businesses, and your hospitality. It’s an easy sell, when I have such a wonderful team backing up the words.
Always feel free to contact me at the office or email me. If you have any suggestions or questions, please do get in touch.
Thank you for your support,
Amador Council of Tourism
AMADOR COUNCIL OF TOURISM
Jackson Rancheria Casino Resort
Minutes, February meeting
Budget v. Actual
Membership Dues Increase
ACT Reported to Supervisors, March 11
State Fair model and sponsorship
Request for proposal for a Strategic Marketing Plan. Need partners
Marketing Committee meeting, April 16, Wednesday, Backroads Café,
Amador Adventure Game/ New Fundraiser
Travel Shows/Industry Forums/Press
March 11-14, Tech Summit for Visitor Bureaus
April 2-4, St. Louis Post-Observer journalist
April 5-9, International Pow Wow, GCVA,
2014 Schedule: Thursday, , Jackson Rancheria Casino Resort, No July Meeting
No July Meeting
2014 Evening Meetings, , No July Meeting
June 12, Black Chasm Cavern, Pine Grove/Volcano
September 11, Holiday Inn Express,
December 11, Amador Vintage Market,
Thursday, April 3, 2014