I hope this note finds you well and staying cool this summer.
ACT's board meeting is this Thursday, August 9th, 9 am, Jackson Rancheria Casino Resort, Ballroom C. A VIP breakfast will be served; come hungry. Attached you will find an agenda and minutes from April and May. We had an evening meeting in June and do not meet in July. All are welcome.
Please note the changed location. Jackson Rancheria Casino Resort has generously offered to host our morning meetings in October and November as well.
In case you have not heard, Amador County won a gold ribbon at State Fair this year. Six of the nine Gold Country counties won gold ribbons as well. Attendance was flat compared to last year. Our booth was very popular and had wonderful traffic. Thanks to our wonderful volunteers, we had somebody there to answer questions nearly all hours that State Fair was open. Please thank anyone you know who volunteered their time and knowledge for us at State Fair.
Please remember we are here to support your business. Drop off brochures and discount coupons here at the visitor center and we will gladly get them into the hands of visitors. Review your website listing for accuracies and phone or email us if you need help with changes. Remember also to forward your events to us and we will add them to the event calendar.
Please do not hesitate to call us with any questions or suggestion.
Thanks for your support,
Jackson Rancheria Casino & Resort, Ballroom B
August 9, 2012; 9:00 am
- Minutes, April and May meetings
- Treasurers Report: mid-year update
- Raffle tickets
- County TOT increase from 6% to 10%, November ballot
- Marketing Plan 2012
- Website redesign
- New planner, late 2012
- Travel Shows/Industry Shows:
- CalTravel report, June 4-6
- Visitor Center Report
- January: 136, 32 for transit; Feb.: 143, 38 for transit; Mar.: 187, 33 for transit;
- Apr.: 246, 35 for transit; May: 249, 44 for transit; June 268, 29 for transit;
- July 317, 43 for transit.
- Closed: 2 days in April, 1 day in May, 4 days in Jun., 3 days in July.
- 2012 Schedule: no July meeting
- 9 am meetings: Oct. 11, Nov. 8
- Evening meetings, 5:30 pm
- Sep.13, Big Horse Ranch, Ione
- Dec. 13, Imperial Hotel, Amador City
Facebook/Amador Council of TourismTo list your events, send info to: firstname.lastname@example.org